Dear Parents, Caregivers and Families
Kia ora, kia orana, talofa, malo e lelei, fakaalofa atu, hello and greetings

From the Principal

WELCOME to Term 2 everyone

Well what a strange old world we find ourselves in at the moment. School by computers, learning in our pyjamas with Mum and Dad being the teachers. It is a situation that I never thought I would live through , as I’m sure you all think too. However I haver been astounded by how well our little community seems to be holding up, and the level of support that you are giving each other. Bears in the window, street dances in driveways, and everyone being able to have ZOOM meetings or House parties on the phone ( I never knew what that meant till now). This time has also been one to make us stop and think of all the things that we take for granted and didn’t appreciate, like cafe coffees, hugging a friend or kissing your grandchild. I also think that it is the world saying hey guys STOP- BREATHE- let me recover and restart again.

Today was the first day of home schooling for most of you. The Tomarata teachers have been working hard to set up activities to engage your children in the next few weeks. I want to give a HUGE shout out to all of them for their dedication, and for the sudden expectation to up skill their knowledge in using a variety of digital programmes. We are not digital natives like your children so it can be a bit scary for us too. Please know that the activities are a guideline for what we think you could do-not MUST do. We want you to use this time to get to know your children even deeper, and to know what makes them tick. Have fun, try different things, get them to teach you. I have also put information on the Alert for the TV station that is available too. I am sure that between the work the teachers set, and what is on TV there will be something that engages them. I will be putting a guide line on here soon after we have a staff meeting by ZOOM tomorrow ( how exciting! Better get dressed for it!)

I am hoping that you are all well and happy., and STAYING AT HOME. It is the only way that we can beat this horrid virus. Some of you may be wondering when school will go back to normal. The simple answer is that I really don’t know. There is the possibility that the students of essential workers may be able to go to school on the 29th April or the  1st of May. However we won’t know till nearer the time. Until then, keep smiling, have fun, email your teachers if you want to, and see you back at school when it’s safe to be there!

Much love and aroha- I miss your smiling faces kids

Mrs N

Key Dates for this Term

Accomplishments

Text here

Congratulations

Text here

CoL

Text here

Reminders

Text here

Helping Hands

Text here

Community Notices

Text here

We would like to thank Bayleys Wellsford for their sponsorship